Of the 20 wines featured as part of the VINTAGES story, 6 wines made my list of wine picks. First up is a 2005 vintage Dom Perignon Champagne that is a blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Also included is a Syrah from Chile, a Malbec from Argentina, and an old vines GSM blend (40% Grenache, 40% Syrah, 20% Mourvèdre) that was all aged in concrete tank from Midi. The dry white wine from d'Arenberg is a blend of 55% Viognier and 45% Marsanne. For fans of sweeter wines, there is Flat Rock's Riesling.
In red wine, the Olarra is mostly Tempranillo with Grenache and Mazuelo (a.k.a. Carignan) in support, while the Hacienda Valvarés is 100% Tempranillo. The Châteauneuf-du-Pape is a blend of mostly Grenache, with Syrah and Mourvèdre added, while the Tenuta Degli Dei is a blend of (60%) Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc. Lastly, the Ridge Monte Bello comes in 2 bottle sizes, each of which is composed of 64% Cabernet Sauvignon, 22% Merlot, 8% Cabernet Franc, and 6% Petit Verdot.
Enjoy my LCBO wine picks for this week! Cheers!
- MONTGRAS ANTU SYRAH 2012 - Colchagua Valley, Chile (#425900) (XD) - $17.00
- TESSELLAE CÔTES DU ROUSSILLON OLD VINES GRENACHE / SYRAH / MOURVÈDRE 2013 - AP, Midi, France (#343517) (XD) - $17.00
- OLARRA CLÁSICO RESERVA 2009 - DOCa Rioja, Spain (#423541) (XD) - $18.95
- KAIKEN ULTRA MALBEC 2012 - Mendoza, Argentina (#050849) (XD) - $19.95 reviewed here
- HACIENDA VALVARÉS 2011 - DOCa Rioja, Spain (#423509) (D) - $19.95
- MAS DEL PÉRIÉ LA ROQUE MALBEC 2012 - AC Cahors, Southwest, France (#414524) (XD) - $21.95
- MORAINE SYRAH 2013 - BC VQA Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada (#424580) (XD) - $23.95 reviewed here
- HIDDEN BENCH PINOT NOIR 2012 - VQA Beamsville Bench, Niagara Peninsula, Ontario, Canada (#274753) (XD) - $29.95 reviewed here
- VERBENA BRUNELLO DI MONTALCINO 2009 - DOCG, Tuscany, Italy (#165126) (XD) - $39.95
- TENUTA DEGLI DEI CAVALLI 2010 - IGT Toscana, Italy (#350405) (XD) - $49.95
- PATRICK LESEC GALETS BLONDS CHÂTEAUNEUF-DU-PAPE 2012 - AC, Rhône, France (#078089) (XD) - $56.95 reviewed here
- RIDGE MONTE BELLO 2012 - Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA (#209999 / #711085) (XD) (375 mL / 750 mL) $101.95 / $190.95
- DOMAINE LA HAUTE FÉVRIE SUR LIE MUSCADET SÈVRE & MAINE 2014 - AC, Loire, France (#390625) (XD) - $13.95 reviewed here
- FLAT ROCK RIESLING 2014 - VQA Twenty Mile Bench, Niagara Peninsula, Ontario, Canada (#043281) (M) - $16.95
- HENRY OF PELHAM ESTATE CHARDONNAY 2013 - VQA Short Hills Bench, Niagara Peninsula, Ontario, Canada (#268342) (XD) - $19.95
- BAILLY LAPIERRE SAINT BRIS SAUVIGNON BLANC 2014 - AC, Burgundy, France (#424655) (XD) - $19.95
- D’ARENBERG THE HERMIT CRAB VIOGNIER/MARSANNE 2013 - McLaren Vale, South Australia (#662775) (XD) - $19.95
- STUDERT-PRÜM GRAACHER HIMMELREICH RIESLING SPÄTLESE 2009 - Prädikatswein, Mosel, Germany (#409680) (S) - $21.95
- PIERRE SPARR MAMBOURG PINOT GRIS 2011 - AC Alsace Grand Cru, France (#686451) (M) - $24.95
- CLEMENS BUSCH MARIENBURG RIESLING KABINETT 2013 - Prädikatswein, Mosel, Germany (#424234) (S) - $28.95 FSE
- KWV THE MENTORS CHENIN BLANC 2014 - WO Paarl, South Africa (#419580) (D) - $29.95 FSE
- DOMAINE LOUIS MICHEL & FILS FORÊTS CHABLIS 1 ER CRU 2012 - AC, Burgundy, France (#231936) (XD) - $39.95 FSE
- DOM PÉRIGNON BRUT VINTAGE CHAMPAGNE 2005 - AC, France (#280461) (XD) - $219.95
The rest of the wines from the VINTAGES Release are here.