Of the 18 wines featured, 6 wines are included among my wine picks and the majority of these are (somewhat surprising to me) from the New World. First up is a New World Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand that is consistently good year-after-year. Next is a California Chardonnay, also New world, but made in a style that's more in line with the Old World - less buttery, vanilla-infused, smoke and more mineral, lemon/lime. You will also find a very nice Malbec from Argentina and a single vineyard California Cabernet Sauvignon whose vines are located up in the Sonoma Mountain. Lastly, the only comparison where both the Old World and New World wine is included in my wine picks is Riesling; a solid example from Ontario and Germany are both featured, with the German Riesling being the sweeter of the two if you prefer your wines sweet.
From the rest of the release, in red wines you will find Mas des Bressades is a 90/10 blend of Grenache/Syrah, while the South African red is a blend led by Cabernet Sauvignon, but also contains Merlot and Cabernet Franc. The next vintage of the organic Emiliana Coyam arrives as a blend of 39% Syrah, 32% Carmenere, 17% Merlot, 9% Cabernet Sauvignon, 2% Mourvedre, and 1% Malbec. Lastly, the Palazzo Red is a blend of 68% Merlot, 24% Cabernet Franc and 8% Cabernet Sauvignon and only available in VINTAGES Flagship Stores (FSE).
In white wines, the Bordeaux white is a blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, and Muscadelle.
That's it for this release. Enjoy my wine recommendations. Cheers!
- MAS DES BRESSADES CUVÉE TRADITION 2014 - AP Costières de Nîmes, Rhône, France (#143099) (D) - $16.95
- NORTON RESERVA CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2012 - Mendoza, Argentina (#663120) (XD) - $17.95
- DRAKE HEATHCOTE SHIRAZ 2013 - Heathcote, Victoria, Australia (#440008) (XD) - $18.95
- FABRE MONTMAYOU RESERVA MALBEC 2013 - Mendoza, Argentina (#261867) (D) - $18.95
- STELLENRUST TIMELESS 2011 - WO Stellenbosch, South Africa (#443325) (XD) - $19.95
- EMILIANA COYAM 2012 - Colchagua Valley, Chile (#063891) (D) - $29.95 reviewed here
- KENWOOD JACK LONDON VINEYARD CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2012 - Sonoma Mountain, California, USA (#944843) (XD) - $39.95
- BURROWING OWL SYRAH 2013 - BC VQA Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada (#073072) (D) - $40.95
- JEAN-LUC COLOMBO TERRES BRÛLÉES CORNAS SYRAH 2012 - AC, Rhône, France (#448837) (XD) - $72.95 FSE
- PALAZZO RIGHT BANK RED 2009 - Napa Valley, California, USA (#423194) (XD) - $92.00 FSE
- CHÂTEAU HAUT PHILIPPON 2014 - AC Entre-Deux-Mers, Bordeaux, France (#445171) (XD) - $14.95
- KÖNIGSCHAFFHAUSER VULKANFELSEN TROCKEN PINOT GRIS 2014 - Erzeugerabfüllung, Qualitätswein, Baden, Germany (#450726) (XD) - $16.95
- HENRY OF PELHAM ESTATE RIESLING 2012 - VQA Short Hills Bench, Niagara Peninsula, Ontario, Canada (#557165) (D) - $17.95
- DR. HERMANN FROM THE SLATE RIESLING 2013 - Qualitätswein, Mosel, Germany (#446617) (M) - $17.95
- DEU LA DEU ALVARINHO 2014 - Monção e Melgaço, DOC Vinho Verde, Portugal (#040642) (D) - $19.95
- LOIMER LANGENLOIS GRÜNER VELTLINER 2014 - DAC Kamptal, Austria (#142240) (XD) - $21.95 reviewed here
- STONELEIGH LATITUDE SAUVIGNON BLANC 2015 - Marlborough, South Island, New Zealand (#324228) (XD) - $21.95
- DOMAINE MILLET CHABLIS 2014 - AC, Burgundy, France (#447193) (XD) - $26.95 reviewed here
- CLOS DU BOIS CALCAIRE CHARDONNAY 2013 - Russian River Valley, Sonoma County, California, USA (#421941) (XD) - $29.95 reviewed here
- SYLVAIN MOSNIER CÔTE DE LÉCHET CHABLIS 1ER CRU 2013 - AC, Burgundy, France (#318139) (XD) - $35.95 FSE
- DOW’S QUINTA DO BOMFIM VINTAGE PORT 2004 - DOP, Portugal (#008193) (S) (375 mL) - $29.95