Twenty-three wines are listed as part of the "Customer Favourites" theme and 6 made my list of wine picks. First up is a lovely rosé wine from Mas des Bressades that usually consists of Grenache, Syrah and Cinsault. The Crémant de Bourgogne dry sparkling wine is a blend of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Gamay, Aligoté. Another favourite is the Dog Point Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. In red wines, customer favourites include a Carménère from Chile and a premium Malbec from Argentina. Also delightful year-after-year is the Beaucastel Chateauneuf-du-Pape that in the 2013 vintage consists of 30% Grenache, 30% Mourvèdre, 10% Syrah, 10% Counoise and 5% Cinsault.
Of the 8 wines featured in the New Zealand theme, three are included among my wine picks and all are very fine Sauvignon Blancs. The grape does very well there and the ones I have chosen are of the single vineyard variety from the producers te Pā, Auntsfield, and Villa Maria.
Among my white wine picks, the lovely Mas des Bressades Blanc is a blend of traditional Rhône varietals Roussanne, Marsanne, Grenache Blanc and Viognier. while the Pouilly-Fuissé from Burgundy is made with Chardonnay.
Last but not least is the highly regarded Fielding Rosé wine that is a blend primarily consisting of Gamay and Cabernet Franc.
Enjoy my wine recommendations from this release. Cheers!
- RENDOLA ROSSO DI MONTALCINO 2009 - DOC, Tuscany, Italy (#438564) (XD) - $15.95 reviewed here
- ANTICHI VINAI IL MASCALESE NERELLO 2013 - IGT Terre Siciliane, Sicily, Italy (#442376) (XD) - $16.95
- BOUTARI GRANDE RESERVE XINOMAVRO 2010 - PDO Naoussa, Greece (#140111) (D) - $18.95 reviewed here
- TERRANOBLE GRAN RESERVA CARMÉNÈRE 2012 - Maule Valley, Chile (#957050) (XD) - $19.95
- CHÂTEAU DE PANIGON 2010 - Cru Bourgeois, AC Médoc, Bordeaux, France (#348250) (D) - $19.95
- FABRE MONTMAYOU GRAN RESERVA MALBEC 2012 - Mendoza, Argentina (#279802) (D) - $24.95
- DOMAINE COURBIS SAINT-JOSEPH 2013 - AC, Rhône, France (#007914) (XD) - $36.95
- LATIUM MORINI CAMPO LEÒN AMARONE DELLA VALPOLICELLA 2010 - DOC, Veneto, Italy (#334300) (D) - $47.95
- VAL DI SUGA BRUNELLO DI MONTALCINO 2010 - DOCG, Tuscany, Italy (#713719) (XD) - $48.95 reviewed here
- CHÂTEAU DE BEAUCASTEL CHÂTEAUNEUF-DU-PAPE 2013 - AC, Rhône, France (#711317) (XD) - $89.95
- CONCHA Y TORO SERIE RIBERAS GRAN RESERVA CHARDONNAY 2013 - Colchagua Valley, Chile (#287995) (XD) - $16.95
- MAS DES BRESSADES CUVÉE TRADITION BLANC 2015 - AP Costières de Nîmes, Rhône, France (#701094) (XD) - $17.95
- THÖRLE-WEIN ESTATE DRY RIESLING 2014 - Rheinhessen, Germany (#445817) (D) - $19.95 reviewed here
- TE PĀ SAUVIGNON BLANC 2015 - Marlborough, South Island, New Zealand (#450668) (XD) - $19.95 reviewed here
- NORMAN HARDIE RIESLING 2015 - VQA Ontario, Canada (#131169) (D) - $21.00 reviewed here
- AUNTSFIELD SINGLE VINEYARD SAUVIGNON BLANC 2015 - Southern Valleys, Marlborough, South Island, New Zealand (#663286) (XD) - $22.95
- DOG POINT SAUVIGNON BLANC 2015 - Marlborough, South Island, New Zealand (#677450) (XD) - $24.95
- VILLA MARIA SOUTHERN CLAYS SINGLE VINEYARD SAUVIGNON BLANC 2014 - Marlborough, South Island, New Zealand (#447474) (XD) - $29.95
- ERNEST MEURGEY-PERRON POUILLY-FUISSÉ 2012 - AC, Burgundy, France (#448852) (XD) - $31.95
- MAS DES BRESSADES CUVÉE TRADITION ROSÉ 2015 - AP Costières de Nîmes, Rhône, France (#950576) (XD) - $15.95
- FIELDING ROSÉ 2015 - VQA Niagara Peninsula, Ontario, Canada (#053421) (XD) - $15.95
- BAILLY LAPIERRE RÉSERVE BRUT CRÉMANT DE BOURGOGNE - Méthode Traditionnelle, AC, Burgundy, France (#991562) (XD) - $19.95