The entire venue is licensed and guests may walk through our vineyards, the Bruce Trail, and enjoy panoramic views from the property. The retail and hospitality building will be in full function as well, offering wines by the glass and tastings all day to the general public and Food Truck Fest guests.
To keep the event fun and festive, the Groovy Food Band will be performing ALL DAY, rocking grooves from all decades and easy rock tunes! Furthermore, you can tune in to 105.7 FM as they will be playing live-to-air easy rock from the event.
- Avella’s Wood Fired Pizza – Handmade, Fresh to order
- The Yellow Pear – Farm-to-Table cuisine, offering Gluten Free and Vegan Options*
- The Wandering Gourmet – Authentic Californian Fresh Taco Cart, Farm-to-table
- 494 Kitchen – International comfort food with a modern twist*
- The Panwich Company – Anything in a panini, and I mean anything!
- Eh Jose – Authentic Mexican
- Gourmet Guyz – Fresh and Seasonal Fare
- The Go-Go Food Co. (Cucina a-go-go) – Authentic Italian Street style
- Scratch Bakery – Niagara's first Pie-Hole Approved bakery!
- Hometown Ice Cream Truck – Creative Flavours you wouldn’t have thought, but unbelievable! (all local ingredients)
- The Cigar Experience – Selling top quality stogies from internationally around the world. Makes a GREAT gift!
Location and Time:Mike Weir Winery
4041 Locust Lane, Beamsville (Lincoln), Ontario L0R 1B0
Saturday, July 16, 2016 from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Costs:Entry fee is $5.00 per person (payable online or on-site), and includes one souvenir Govino glass, don’t lose it!
Vendors will have different ranges of pricing according to their menu by items. (usually between $5.00-$20.00 per plate - and worth EVERY penny)
Wine by the glass will be offered through a ticket system. Wine Tickets will be sold for $5.00 and then redeemed at the wine booth for a 5 oz. glass of wine. Wine varieties will be confirmed closer to the date, but you can bet there will be fresh, summery wines such as a rosé, Riesling, and fun reds. Here are a couple of wines that should be available at the event.
MIKE WEIR CRASH ROSÉ 2011 - VQA Beamsville Bench, Niagara Peninsula, Ontario, Canada - $11.95
100% Cabernet Franc. Light, honeyed red fruit aromas from the cork. Medium-intensity nose has cooked strawberry and red cherry aromas with hints of flowers. The palate is medium+ bodied with aromas more cooked strawberry and cherry coming through on the palate, followed by herbally sage notes that add complexity and continue through to the medium-length finish. Just a touch of honey mid-palate, but essentially dry overall with juicy acids. A food wine that will go great with many of the offerings at the Food Truck Fest. Available at winery only. Score: 86 pts
MIKE WEIR PINOT NOIR 2009 - VQA Niagara Peninsula, Ontario, Canada (#000075) (D)- $16.95
Ripe red berry, cherry aromas from the cork. Showing just a touch of brown on the rim. Lovely blend of spices followed by maturing red fruits, cherry and earth aromas. It's light-to-medium bodied with just a touch of tannic grip. Acids are fresh. Cherry-cranberry flavours with earthy and beetroot tones on the palate. Very good length on the finish. Enjoy by 2017. A wine that is widely available at the LCBO, but may not be the 2009 vintage. The 2009 is available at the winery. Score: 88 pts