First image of this post
  • Saturday, May 17, 2014

Fleur du Cap Chardonnay 2012 (South Africa) - Wine Review

Tonight's wine is a barrel-fermented Chardonnay from Fleur du Cap in South Africa. It's interesting to note that fermentation of 20% of this wine started in tank and was completed in French (80%) and American (20%) oak barrels, while the remaining 80% was fermented in tanks on French (50%) and American (50%) oak staves. At $12.80, it's a pretty good buy from LCBO General List (i.e. always available) - just remember to chill it well prior to serving.

FLEUR DU CAP CHARDONNAY BERGKELDER SELECTION 2012 - WO Western Cape, South Africa (#358960) (XD) - $12.80

Wine Review of 2012 Fleur du Cap Chardonnay from WO Western Cape, South Africa
Tasting Note:
Screw cap. Medium+ aromas that show notes of apple, butter, orchard fruits and hints of buttered popcorn. Palate is light-to-medium bodied with plenty of spice notes at the forefront, followed by lime, apple, and butter flavours. Fairly round on the palate, with good acids and a medium-length finish. Serve nicely chilled. Paired nicely with baked salmon. Score: 87 pts


Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Featured Post

May 30, 2020 LCBO VINTAGES Release Wine Picks: Australia

Blog Archive

Posts by Tag

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget

  The World Atlas of Wine 8th Edition


BOTW Blogs - Vintages Wine Picks and Reviews
My Zimbio
Blogarama - Drinks & Beverages Blogs
Top Wine Sites
Wine blog
RSSChomp Blog Directory