From the main theme, 3 of the 13 wines from California made my list of wine picks. Among them them is a Cali Cabernet Sauvignon from the Mount Veeder AVA, as well as the Jonata Red that is a blend of 75% Syrah, 13% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4% Grenache, 4% Sangiovese, 2% Viognier, 1% Petit Verdot and 1% Merlot. The final wine pick is one of only two white wines featured from California and is an exquisite Chardonnay from California's unofficial of king of Chardonnay, Steve Kistler.
Based on the 2010 vintage in Brunello di Montalcino being hailed as the best of the century, I can only presume most of the 2010's are either already sold out or still maturing in barrels as only 6 Brunello's made it across the Atlantic. Both of the Brunello wines included among my wine picks are made from Sangiovese grapes, and one of these wines is in Magnum (1500 mL) format.
Among my red wine picks is a terrific Mencía from Bierzo, while the Rioja is a blend of Tempranillo, Graciano and Mazuelo. From Rhône, the half-size bottle of the CdP consists of Grenache, Mourvèdre, and Syrah, while the Xavier Côtes du Rhône is a blend of 40% Grenache, 20% Syrah, 15% Mourvèdre and the rest Cinsault, Carignan and Marselan.
In white wines, the Sancerre is 100% Sauvignon Blanc, while the Lafage Centenaire is an 80/20 blend of Grenache Blanc and Roussanne. The Chardonnays all have some oak treatment. If you like sweet wines, there is a nice medium sweet German Riesling.
That's it for this release. Enjoy my wine recommendations and Cheers!
- ABAD DOM BUENO CRIANZA 2006 - DO Bierzo, Spain (#244699) (XD) - $15.95 reviewed here
- XAVIER 100% CÔTES DU RHÔNE 2012 - AP, Rhône, France (#437079) (XD) - $17.00
- RIOJA BORDÓN RESERVA 2009 - DOCa Rioja, Spain (#194753) (XD) - $19.95 reviewed here
- FALERNIA RESERVA SYRAH 2013 - Elqui Valley, Chile (#208371) (D) - $19.95
- FAMILLE PERRIN LES SINARDS CHÂTEAUNEUF-DU-PAPE 2013 - AC, Rhône, France (#005975) (XD) (375 mL) - $19.95
- BRANDLIN ESTATE CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2012 - Mount Veeder, Napa Valley, California, USA (#340513) (D) - $54.95
- MOLINO DI SANT’ANTIMO PAOLUS BRUNELLO DI MONTALCINO 2010 - DOCG, Tuscany, Italy (#339515) (XD) - $56.95
- JONATA TODOS RED 2011 - Santa Ynez Valley, Santa Barbara County, California, USA (#218941) (XD) - $79.95
- MASI MAZZANO AMARONE DELLA VALPOLICELLA CLASSICO 2009 - DOC, Veneto, Italy (#215764) (D) - $101.95
- CATENA ZAPATA ARGENTINO MALBEC 2011 - Mendoza, Argentina (#170035) (D) - $110.95 FSE
- MARCHESI DE’FRESCOBALDI CASTELGIOCONDO BRUNELLO DI MONTALCINO 2010 - DOCG, Tuscany, Italy (#963371) (XD) (1500 mL) - $113.95
- PENINSULA RIDGE BARREL AGED CHARDONNAY 2014 - VQA Beamsville Bench, Niagara Peninsula, Ontario, Canada (#211490) (XD) - $15.95
- KEW VINEYARDS OLD VINE CHARDONNAY 2012 - VQA Beamsville Bench, Niagara Peninsula, Ontario, Canada (#438374) (XD) - $18.95
- ST. URBANS-HOF NIK WEIS SELECTION URBAN RIESLING 2014 - Mosel, Germany (#184051) (M) - $18.95
- WILLIAM FÈVRE ESPINO GRAN CUVÉE CHARDONNAY 2013 - Maipo Valley, Chile (#045146) (XD) - $18.95
- DOMAINE LAFAGE CUVÉE CENTENAIRE 2014 - AC Côtes du Roussillon, Midi, France (#343491) (XD) - $19.95
- DOMAINE LE VERGER CHABLIS 2014 - AC, Burgundy, France (#181289) (XD) - $22.95
- JEAN-MAX ROGER CUVÉE LES CAILLOTTES SANCERRE 2014 - AC, Loire, France (#065573) (XD) - $27.95
- NALS MARGREID BARON SALVADORI RISERVA CHARDONNAY 2012 - DOC Südtirol/Alto Adige, Italy (#435404) (XD) - $34.95 FSE reviewed here
- KISTLER MCCREA VINEYARD CHARDONNAY 2013 - Sonoma Mountain, California, USA (#353706) (D) - $120.95
- HENRIOT SOUVERAIN BRUT CHAMPAGNE - AC, Champagne, France (#959643) (XD) - $62.95