We'll being with Spain, where 5 of the 12 wines are included among my wine picks. From the DOP of Almansa in western Spain is the Laya that is a blend of Garnacha Tintorera (Grenache) and Monastrell, from vineyards are located between 700 to 1000 metres above sea level. From DO Bierzo, in northeastern Spain, is a wine made with Mencía. From the Cariñena DOP in western Spain is a modern Garnacha from 80-year-old bush vines that could use a couple of years cellar time prior to opening. The only white Spanish wine is the Albariño from DO Rías Baixas, located in a far-western Spain, very close to Portugal. Lastly, from the vast region of Castilla y León is an aged Tempranillo.
The Sauvignon Blanc mini-theme listed 8 wines and 3 are included among my wine recommendations. The Savvys from Chile and New Zealand are both designed to be opened really soon rather than later, while the Sancerre can be aged for at least half a decade.
From the rest of the release, the Greek wine is a very ageable blend of 50% Xinomavro, 30% Merlot and 20% Syrah, while the Anselmi white wine that is a Flagship Store Exclusive (FSE) is 100% Garganega. Both rosé wines are blends, with the Berne Rosé consisting of 40% Grenache, 30% Cinsault and 30% Cabernet, while the Bandol Rosé contains Mourvèdre, Grenache, Cinsault, Carignan, and Syrah.
Enjoy my wine picks from this release. Salud!
- LAYA 2014 - DOP Almansa, Spain (#132605) (D) - $15.95
- MENGUANTE SELECCIÓN GARNACHA 2012 - DOP Cariñena, Spain (#313833) (XD) - $16.95
- CANONICA A CERRETO CHIANTI CLASSICO 2012 - DOCG, Tuscany, Italy (#283697) (XD) - $17.95
- SANTA RITA MEDALLA REAL SYRAH 2012 - Limarí Valley, Chile (#443523) (XD) - $17.95
- DOMAINE LAFAGE VIEILLES VIGNES NICOLAS GRENACHE NOIR 2014 - IGP Côtes Catalanes, Roussillon, France (#354191) (D) - $18.95
- KIR-YIANNI KITMA YIANAKOHORI HILLS 2012 - PGI Imathia, Greece (#419234) (D) - $19.95
- MERAYO LAS TRES FILAS MENCÍA 2014 - DO Bierzo, Spain (#462788) (XD) - $19.95
- ALEJANDRO FERNÁNDEZ DEHESA LA GRANJA 2008 - Vino de la Tierra de Castilla y León, Spain (#192476) (XD) - $19.95
- QUERCIABELLA CHIANTI CLASSICO 2013 - DOCG, Tuscany, Italy (#728816) (XD) - $37.95
- BENI DI BATASIOLO RISERVA BAROLO 2006 - DOCG, Piedmont, Italy (#330704) (XD) - $39.95
- BOYA SAUVIGNON BLANC 2015 - Leyda Valley, Chile (#389726) (XD) - $15.95
- PALA I FIORI VERMENTINO DI SARDEGNA 2015 - DOC, Sardinia, Italy (#052068) (XD) - $15.95
- PACO & LOLA ALBARIÑO 2014 - DO Rías Baixas, Spain (#350041) (XD) - $17.95
- REDSTONE LIMESTONE VINEYARD SOUTH RIESLING 2012 - VQA Twenty Mile Bench, Niagara Peninsula, Ontario, Canada (#381251) (M) - $19.20 reviewed here
- VILLA MARIA CELLAR SELECTION PINOT GRIS 2015 - Marlborough, South Island, New Zealand (#447490) (D) - $19.95
- STONELEIGH LATITUDE SAUVIGNON BLANC 2015 - Marlborough, South Island, New Zealand (#324228) (XD) - $21.95 reviewed here
- ROGER & DIDIER RAIMBAULT SANCERRE 2014 - AC, Loire, France (#082255) (XD) - $26.95
- ANSELMI CAPITEL CROCE 2014 - IGT Veneto, Italy (#966655) (XD) - $26.95 FSE
- FLOWERS CHARDONNAY 2014 - Sonoma Coast, California, USA (#215210) (XD) - $68.95 FSE
- CHÂTEAU DE BERNE TERRES DE BERNE ROSÉ 2015 - AC Côtes de Provence, France (#278861) (XD) - $16.95
- HECHT & BANNIER BANDOL ROSÉ 2015 - AC, Provence, France (#450767) (XD) - $24.95
- BILLECART-SALMON EXTRA BRUT CHAMPAGNE - AC, France (#458570) (XD) - $73.95