Saturday, March 31, 2012

  • Saturday, March 31, 2012

Eclipse Montepulciano D'Abruzzo 2007 (Italy) - Wine Review



Ordering a glass of house wine at a restaurant? Almost unheard of for me, and rarely would I recommend it. However, I really enjoyed a glass of this red wine recently at Mideastro in Vaughan.

ECLIPSE MONTEPULCIANO D'ABRUZZO 2007 - DOC, Abruzzo, Italy - $8/glass

Tasting Note:
Aromas of black cherry, fig, pepper and earth. Ripe, dark fruits on the palate with juicy, ripe tannins. Light bodied red wine. It wasn't the ideal to be enjoyed with Panko-crusted Chilean Sea Bass, but wasn't entirely over-bearing either. It did pair well with the double-cut Lamb Chops. Definitely a very good house wine, and the restaurant is top-notch! Wasn't my first time there, and won't be my last.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

LCBO VINTAGES October 14, 2017: Napa + Pinot Noir

Blog Archive

Posts by Tag

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget




  The World Atlas of Wine

Followers

Lists

Food & Drink
Top Blogs
OnToplist.com
BOTW Blogs - Vintages Wine Picks and Reviews
My Zimbio
blog search
Blogarama - Drinks & Beverages Blogs
Top Wine Sites
Wine blog
RSSChomp Blog Directory