What began as a gala event has evolved into three weekends of globally sought after Icewine experiences. From stunning formal affairs to outdoor ice village settings to wineries setting the stage with incredible culinary and Icewine delights - Niagara is the place to explore your senses, as I have done each of the past 4 years as you will see from my reviews in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Taste the best in culinary and wine, as noted Niagara chefs prepare Icewine-infused delights or create the ultimate Icewine pairing
- Feel the cold on your cheeks as you stand amidst Icewine vines and learn how Icewine is produced
- Gaze at the beauty that surrounds you as you follow the famed wine route as it threads its way from the Niagara Escarpment to the Niagara River
- Smell the rich honey and peach undertones of a perfectly balanced Icewine, followed by a savoury morsel that is equally mouthwatering
- Listen to the storytellers at our wineries as they share their memories of an Icewine Harvest
Outlet Collection At Niagara and explore the wintry landscape along the Niagara wine route. This ever popular tasting program runs Fridays through Sundays for three weekends beginning January 15th. Use your pass to experience eight (8) wine and culinary pairings from over 35 incredible wineries. From hearty chilis and savoury soups to sweet treats paired with VQA Icewines and table wines - the experiences are sweet, savoury and spicy.
New for 2016, we celebrate Winterfest in Downtown St. Catharines partnering with the popular Downtown D’Lish: the newest addition to the famed wine route in St. Catharines. Here you will discover a burgeoning culinary scene highlighting the bounty of Niagara. From to , partnering restaurants in The Heart of Niagara will be offering culinary creations and libations inspired by Icewine.
For a complete listing of all Icewine Festival programming and events, visit www.niagaraicewinefestival.com.